Micrologix 1400

nampolu

I had problem with Allen bradley micro logix 1400 PLC connected to incineraor system.The IN/2 of the Plc damaged. It is shorting with com port.That is for motor over load alarm.This is normally closed contact.So i coul't start the system . I need to switch the input from IN2 to IN13(free).I am a beginer .. So please help me.
1)Is it possible to change through Panel view. (from NC to NO)

1)Is it possible to change through Panel view. (from NC to NO)

No, you will need RSLogix500. Contact your local AB representative as there are different versions of this software depending on your needs.

"NO" and "NC" are not terminology that one would normally use to describe inputs. Maybe "Sinking/Sourcing" ( different wiring methods).

If you are talking about how the input is used in the program "XIC" or XIO" instructions, as stated above you need the software.

If connecting thru the Ethernet port, the IP address can be seen on the controllers LCD screen.
You can also connect to one of its serial ports, a null-modem cable is needed for this.

See link below for the manual, it will have part numbers for the above cables.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1766-um001_-en-p.pdf

Last edited:
thanks for ur reply.As per the manual I have to use rs loix 500 ver8.1 (or up).Is it available for free or I have to buy this .From which web site I can buy this.I want to use Lan cable as it is compatable for this PLC.