ML1100 Not seen on Network

SHolt

Hi. I have just started using a ML1100 having previously used ML1200's, basically for the programming via the Ethernet port. I have read through other posts on this site and have set an IP address OK. I can also successfully ping this address from the PC.
However when I go to Who's Online it is not recognized or found. I have tried using the drivers AB_ETH and AB_ETHIP both with the same results.
I was wondering if it could be due to the age of the software: RSLogix500 - 7.30.10 (CPR9) and RSLinx Classic lite 2.52.00.17 (CPR9).
Or could it still be a configuration issue.
Any pointers greatly appreciated. Thanks.

AB_ETH would require you to Configure The Address.

In RSLinx Under Communication > Configure Drivers, Then press the configure button to open file. Add your IP Address and Click OK.

That software is pretty old (about 8 years out of date) but my recollection is that RSLinx 2.52 and RSLogix 500 v7.10 supported the MicroLogix 1100 Series B controllers.

Use a web browser to verify that you're really talking to the MicroLogix and not some other device that's responding to PING.

Try the good old AB_ETH driver, rather than the EtherNet/IP driver, to eliminate any broadcast/firewall issues.

And if those don't work, upgrade RSLinx Classic first, then RSLogix 500.

Quote from Knowledge Base:
"Question- What is the minimum software version (RSLogix500 and RSLinx) required for the MicroLogix 1100 series A and B?
Answer- Series A: RSLogix 500 ver 7.00 RSLinx ver 2.50, Series B: RSLogix 500 ver 7.20 RSLinx ver 2.51".

Not a version issue.

Last edited:
Solved:

Thanks to all who replied.

Solution as suggested by cwal61 was to add the IP Address under the Configure Drivers.