S7 interface 7-segment display

BigBacon5

Hi guys,

I need some expertise concerning the interface between a PLC and a 7 segment display. I was looking in other threads about this subject, but I didn’t really found an answer to my question.

Some facts: It concerns a 2 digit display, wired to a siemens s7, that displays a counter value.
In school we only practiced the programming part, hardware connections were not the objective. The display in school is also a 2 digit display and referred as qb125.

How do I connect the PLC to the display using the same format as qb125 (I presume I need a bcd display?) ? Does anyone have a schematic or some sort?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi,

You need to check what you 7 segment display runs on, 24 VDC? What input turns on what segment.

QB125, probably refers to output byte 125. So instead of writing every single bit Q125.0 ... Q125.7, you write the entire byte at once using QB125.