wonderware intouch alarm printer problem

RobinH

Hi,

I have some problems with the alarm printer in wonderware intouch.

There are alarms coming up on the printer but it is not coming up in the alarm list. The alarms coming up on the printer has the same comment but have different tag names. In my tagname dictionary all alarms have different comments.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Best regards
Robin

If you look in your tagname directory at your alarm tags, make sure you select the "radio" button that says "Alarms". You will see the "Alarm Comment" there.
You may want to make sure those comments are what you want to see.

If you have a lot of alarms, you may want to do a database dump and then you can edit all the alarm comments and save and reload the database. If you go this route, make sure you also change the first line of the database file from "Ask" to "Replace". Then you will not have to "Okay" each tagname change.

Hi NetNathan,

Thank you for your answer.

I have already checked the Alarm comment under each tag in tagname dictionary. Each alarm has different comments but still the text coming up on the printer is wrong.

The system has been running for a long time without any issues with the alarm printer.

When I created the system we used import db to import all tags, so they are not creadted manually.

I wonder if this is a bug with the alarmprinter?
How can this happen?

Best regards

Does the comment shown match any of your tags?
What version of Intouch are you running?
Did the comments print okay at any time?

Last edited:
Yes, the comment matches another tag in the system.
This comment is printed for a bunch of alarms (but not showing in the alarm list).
All alarms printed has the same comment but different tag names.
The "On msg" is also printed and are not correct according to the tagnames.

Best regards

What version of Intouch are you running?
Did the comments print okay at any time?
Did you change anything recently...printer...alarm printing cfg??

Im using Wonderware Intouch 10.5.

We have not had any issues with the alarm printing earlier and comments have been printed correctly.

We have not done anything with the alarm printing cfg either. That is why i dont understand this fault.

Best regards

I have contacted them but have not received any answer yet.

Our PLC has a startup sequence where all alarm bits will flash for about a minute before the system is up and running.

I wonder if it could be this causing the printer/log function to go mad.
I will need to do some testing on this.

Best regards