Problem Downloading RSLogix500 Emulate

Deadshort

I am trying to download Rockwell's RSLogix emulator from their free downloads. However, after I click it and sign in all it does is go through a constant redirect loop in the browser. Has anyone had this issus and if so did you find a fix for it? I am running Windows 8 64 bit. I have also tried on the work computer which is running XP but it may be blocked by the administrators.

If I can not find a fix I will call Rockwell and see what they suggest. I want to be able to use it to practice while I am outside of class.

Last edited:
Don't know if you are running IE11 but I ran across a note regarding getting IE11 to work on Rockwell site:

The download manager fully supports Internet Explorer version 6.0 to 10, but if you have IE11 add "rockwellautomation.com" to the 'Compatibility View Settings' under Tools menu. The download manager also supports Firefox version 3.0 and higher, and can be installed on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 operating systems. At this time downloads are not supported on mobile devices.

Don't know if you are running IE11 but I ran across a note regarding getting IE11 to work on Rockwell site:

The download manager fully supports Internet Explorer version 6.0 to 10, but if you have IE11 add "rockwellautomation.com" to the 'Compatibility View Settings' under Tools menu. The download manager also supports Firefox version 3.0 and higher, and can be installed on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 operating systems. At this time downloads are not supported on mobile devices.

Thank you for the quick reply, I am using IE Version 10. When I get to the download section on RA website I can not even select a category to view in IE. I can view in Chrome but it just does that redirect loop. I will install firefox and see what happens.

I've had this too.
In my case the culprit was Rockwell's download manager. It wants to install an activeX download manager and on my system at work, I must be logged in with administrator rights for it to install properly. Otherwise it sits there and blinks like mad without anyway to abort it. I'm running Windows7 Pro SP1.

Last edited: