Interroll conveyor roller controller HC-EC100 L-stop

unsaint32

Has anyone used Interroll conveyor roller controller HC-EC100?

The manual is located at http://www.interroll.com/media/edit...veControl_HC-EC100_-_HC-EC110_en_09-03-04.pdf

Our conveyor line of about a dozen zones are controlled by these controllers.
This one particular zone's controller has RJ 11 connections to the downstream and upstream controllers. It also has a downstream photoeye; a typical setup for these controllers.
Problem is that the zone does not brake when we apply 24V to the L-stop terminal of the controller. When the upstream photoeye is triggered, the zone starts running regardless of the voltage status at the L-stop. I thought the L-stop was supposed to brake the zone regardless of the photoeye signals.
I already verified the voltage a the L-stop terminal and right DIP setting of the controller.

From page 14 of Manual

Accum (L-stop) input: An active signal (NPN/PNP switchable) on this
terminal input will cause the HC-DriveControl to accumulate in this zone until
the signal is removed. A manual switch or a PLC controller can provide the
signal referenced to a common DC ground (NPN) or +24 VDC (PNP). This
input is PNP/NPN selectable (with DIP switch 1).
Sensor 2 input: Used as a start sensor. It is located at the upstream edge of
the zone and tells the first zone in a conveyor to run. This input is PNP/NPN
Sensor 1 input: Located at the downstream edge of the zone. This input is
PNP/NPN selectable (with DIP switch 1)

this allows the Zone to Accumulate. To Stop the Zone would require both signals. L-Stop + Sensor 1 input.​