Frequency inverter on Profibus

Espiration

Hello everyone

For my work I need to link a Siemens S7-300 (CPU is 315) to a Siemens Sinamics G120 with profibus. The thing I know is that I need to give him some bits in order to start, and I need to give him a word for the speed that I want him to rotate at.

The problem is I can't find any good documentation (I can hardly find anything on the Siemens website) and I need to get this to work ASAP. It would be even better if someone told me what bits in particular I need to give a signal to.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: just found out I need to download a GSD file for G120 with profibus? What will it do? I don't have my PG back until friday so I can't test/simulate anything right now. I just need to information so I can finish it on friday as fast as I can.

Last edited:
The first link is blocked by my IT admin for 'unclassified'. Is there another link for this? Or what do I need to google to get this or something like this PDF?

The second link is working fine, thank you for the information.

Well now I know where I quit yesterday. I'm having problems with knowing what PZD 2/2, 2/6 etc means.

Edit: I'm sorry if I'm annoying you. This is my first work, first time operating a frequency inverter with profibus. I have a lot of normal Step 7 experience but almost no frequency inverter coupling etc.

Last edited:
You might find some useful info here: http://support.automation.siemens.c...objaction=csview&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW

Profibus telegrams are can contain two types of data PKW and PZD. PKW data are used for configuration type tasks (not what you want). PZD data is used for setpoints and feedback etc.

In the simplest conguration you send the drive 2 words (control word and speed reference) and the drive will return 2 words (status word and actual speed).

Nick

Oh! Now I get it, so it's like I thought it would be. Well let's find a way to get this motor running at setpointspeed! Thanks a lot everyone.