Panel Builder 32 application "Tag Address" missing

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all
I’m working on coverting a application from PV Standard to Plus, when I open the .PBA file and click on any of objects that write/read data from PLC all I end up with is the “Tag Name” under tag edit, no “Node Name” “Tag Edit” info is available.
Also under “Tools” “Tag Count” yields no information. The PV is standard 600 touch/key and is communicating over DH+ with a 5/04.
All the previous applications I converted would have an address listed under “Tag Address”. Anyone ran issue of this sort in the past.

2.jpg

Last edited:
@rdrast
There is not since this is a Panel Builder application.

But you need one in the PV+ application; For PanelBuilder I don't know why the node would be blank, unless the communications settings are messed up. You shouldn't need to use projects to properly specify the comms settings, those are helpful if you have say 10 panelviews looking at different items on the same host PLC.

IMHO, the conversion software is essentially worthless. I've always just started from scratch when doing a conversion like this.

Last edited: