Crimson 3.0 Question

Shiro485

Hello,
I am looking for when someone hits the accept button on alarm viewer to also have that button trigger a boolean value to true momentarily (my alarm reset value) How can I do this?

Thanks.

Crimson is very nice in the fact that if you have multiple action programmed for one area of the screen, pressing that area activates all of those actions.

To answer your question, you simply make a momentary button the same size as the acknowledge button on the alarm primitive and place it precisely over the acknoledge button. Then simply modify the draw order and send your new button to the back or "under" the alarm primitive. When someone presses the acknowledge button they will also activate the momentary button behind it.

The operator will never see the second button and this causes no issues, that I have discovered at run time.

I use this same method to create status bars for process. The bar will fill with a color to represent the process value and there is an arrow to represent the the set point. Touching anywhere on the bar will move the arrow and set point to that point. Not very precise but saves space and can be viewed from far away.