Flex I/O - 1794-IE8 - Fault and Status

CplHunter

Can anyone give me an idea of what the I.Fault and I.Status represent on a 1794-IE8? I can't locate this info in any documentation.

I've read that chapter numerous times. Nowhere does it mention Fault or Status. Ditto on the appendix entry (data map) for the IE8.

I'll state that I'm new to Rockwell. Am I missing something which would be obvious to someone with experience? o_O

I think that the I.Status word contains all the .Underrange and the .PowerUp bits that appear underneath it in the RSLogix 5000 module-defined Tags.

The bit positions should be the same as are shown for Input Word 8 at the bottom of Page 44 of that User Manual.

As a practical matter you can use the explictly-laid-out .ChXUnderrange and .PowerUp sub-element tags in your logic.

I don't know the contents of the .Fault word. It's possible that it indicates a module self-test failure or something else that would be uncommon or difficult to test.

Last edited: