P/A Feeder

Ramsri

Hi there,

In my company we r using P/A Nc feeder. It is often showing "SYNC FAULT". I have already switching these feeder via SSR. when ACC,DCC is too low to switch feed in a rated speed, fault may occur also the for incorrect angle.

we have checked all things in a complete vision.đź“š i just wanna know is there any one facing the same and found different solutions...

Are we talking about a P/A industries stamping press servo feed? If so, what type of drive is on it? Typically feed angle error is you're simply outside the timing window for the feed initiate. Without any info on the drive, don't know about the Sync fault.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes. We are talking about P/A Advantage Feeder. i hav kept the angle from 270-90 via SSR. Even we can keep 240 -90 to switch to get more feed window. My drive is ultra 5000.

can anyone faced what i have said before? How can i confirm the exact reason for these faults?

His pls must have solid state relays for the outputs. What could be happening is your feed initiate signal might be dropping out momentarily before the feed is complete, which would make sense for a sync error. I would try another pls channel first to verify or eliminate that. Also read osmanmoms link he posted above, there is a debounce time you can program in if this is the case.

Last edited:
SSR is a Solid state relay. I also thought that Debounce may help if we use electro mech rly. But i hv used only electronic. so i guess it is excellent for switching. but i hv made the system debounce to run @30ms but not helping. I guess is there any noise could hv creating this. Folks i wanna know has any one ever studied the causes?

Try hooking a regular switch from the drives common to the feed initiate input and see if you have the same issue in auto. It HAS to be something going on with your press control.

I had a sync fault on a PA industries feeder. That was from the end of stock photoeye . The error message was wrong.