Want to access SLC5 via Ethernet?

a3dview

hi,
SLC5 on a site is using serial communication to connect with RSView. What would required to access this PLC data via Ethernet? Does SLC5 has ethernet port? Customer wants to switch SCADA and new SCADA would be using kepware's KEPServerEX.
Please suggest.
Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum !

There are several different models of SLC-500 controllers, with different network and protocol options including DF1, DH-485, DH+, and Ethernet.

Only the SLC-5/05 model controllers have a built-in Ethernet port.

Other models of SLC-500 controllers would require an Ethernet-to-serial converter device.

If you can provide the exact part number, like "1747-L551", Forum members could advise you on the best way to connect it to Kepware.

Is the connection between the PLC and the SCADA system over hardwired Ethernet, or are there radio or other types of communication links involved ?

A SLC5/05 processor has a built in Ethernet port. If yours isn't a 5/05, it will need to be replaced. There are of course serial to Ethernet converters, but you won't gain any speed.