cable pv 550 k5a8

mike_dr

anyone tried to communicate/upload from pv 550 2711 k5a8 to laptop using a straight through cable with 4 and 6 , 7 and 8 shorted + a serial- usb converter, used pic driver in rslinx?

Last edited:
Use the DF1 Full Duplex driver.

The serial port on that model of PanelView can be a printer port or a DF 1 port for upload/download.

I was informed that using straight thru cable (pins 2,3,5) only wont work so I added other pins. but I would still like to ask if it is possible to communicate with pv550 if it was just 2711 k5a5 so no serial port and have to use the pic driver.

A 2711- K5A5 supports DH485 protocol with a RS232 port.

The 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver will only work with a real serial port, on your PC.

You will need a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter)
or use a memory card to upload/download your program.

Last edited:
yes mickey i have read your reply from a 2 year old thread regarding the same problem so i made a straight thru to be connected to a pc with real serial port but I was told that using usb to serial + the modified straight thru would work too but I guess I'll have to see it to believe. thank you for your reply

I was told that using usb to serial + the modified straight thru would work too but I guess I'll have to see it to believe. thank you for your reply

It will work for the 2711-K5A8, as Ken said, use the RS232 DF1 driver.If the PV's serial port is not configured for a printer.

Not all USB to serial adapters work, have you tried to use it and click autoconfigure.
Make sure you know what comm port the adapter took usually comm port 3 or greater.

It will not work with the 2711-K5A5.

Last edited: