panelbuilder32..Unable to open the pftexception.mdb

mustafairaq

Hi

In the first...thanks to the friend #Mickey for his help to me with communication between panelview900 and rslinx...

second:
when I start to Upload the project from PV using panelbuilder32..this error massege come:
Unable to open the pftexception.mdb....

anyone can help with this..?
Thanks

I've never seen a filename called "pftexception.mdb".

PFT is probably the "PanelView File Transfer" utility.

At what stage of the upload process does this message appear ? Can you capture and post the exact and complete text ?

What firmware revision of PanelView are you using ?

What version of PanelBuilder32, what version of RSLinx Classic, and what operating system and service pack ?>

I've never seen a filename called "pftexception.mdb".

PFT is probably the "PanelView File Transfer" utility.

At what stage of the upload process does this message appear ? Can you capture and post the exact and complete text ?

What firmware revision of PanelView are you using ?

What version of PanelBuilder32, what version of RSLinx Classic, and what operating system and service pack ?>

I use PanelBuilder32 V 3.83.00.....Rslinx 2.54.00.11 cpr 9 sr 1 to upload project from panelview900
windows XP SP1

When I choose "Upload application to disk" this message appear directly
but when I choose "Upload appliction to temporary file and open in panelbuilder32" the message appear in 99% of Uplading process as in image :

untitled.png

You should find the file pftexception.mdb in the folder C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon

Have you checked the properties of the file to see if it is set as Read Only?

I note from your screenshot that you have a removable drive open. You didn't open PanelBuilder32 from a file on the removable disk did you? Another thing to check might be that you have plenty of hard disk space.

You should find the file pftexception.mdb in the folder C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon

Have you checked the properties of the file to see if it is set as Read Only?

I note from your screenshot that you have a removable drive open. You didn't open PanelBuilder32 from a file on the removable disk did you? Another thing to check might be that you have plenty of hard disk space.

I checked the properties of Pftexception.mdb and its not set as read only..

I didn't use the removable disk in any operation...the panelbuilder installed in C:\ drive

Whats is the software that can treat with .mdb files.?..beacuse there is a software "Microsoft Data Access components (MADC) 2.8" in the CD of panelbuilder and It doesn't install properly..may be the error because of it?

It is a database file used by PanelBuilder. It sounds to me as though your installation hasn't gone successfully and you may need to try re-installing the software.

It is a database file used by PanelBuilder. It sounds to me as though your installation hasn't gone successfully and you may need to try re-installing the software.

As you said,...the installation hasn't gone successfully ...
I installed another version of panelbuilder32 and I saw the PFTException.mdb file in RScommon folder and it's ok..then I uploaded the project and its done without error...

It's good to find the help when you need it,..thank you very much for your help...:site: