Changing ML1400 IP Default Gateway

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Guys,
I have a ML1400 at a customers remote location. I have a VPN into their network but I cant see the PLC, I can see the HMI just fine. I looked at what I had set in for the default gateway and I had fat fingered the address and put in 245 instead of 254.

Is there anyway to change the gateway via the VPN? Or do I have to drive out and connect up to the PLC?

Just wondering if any of you have ever had this happen and found a way around taking a long drive. :sick:

Thanks for the help.

I haven't tried that via the LCD before. I have never been able to change the IP settings from the ML1100 so I didn't think it was possible.

I do have someone on site that might be able to do it. Thanks for the info!!!

LCD/keypad access to the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway settings is one feature that the MicroLogix 1400 has but the MicroLogix 1100 does not.

Worse than fat fingering the gateway...

I'm in Central California. The PLC was in Yuma, AZ. 8 hours away by car. Luckily I was able to fly in before we were done with the project. Whew.

Oops.jpg