ML1100 Strange Behavior....

JoseM

I have this strange behavior happening on an ML100 processor. At the end of one of the subroutines I have on this PLC, I have a "Move" instruction that is constantly moving a decimal point value from an F-register into an integer N-register.
After this move takes place, there are five lines of code that takes bit 0 through bit 4 of this N-register and it turns on five digital outputs. These outputs are hard wire to another PLC of a different brand and this binary combination is used to display on an HMI what the value of the N-register on ML1100 is.
The problem I have seen is that in occasions the outputs don’t get updated and the value displayed on this HMI goes to zero.

Hopefully this description of the problem is to general. I’m not sure what other information may be relevant to explain my situation. Just ask for more details if you guys need them, please.

Jose

I would imagine, from your description, that the JSR to this subroutine gets disabled at some point, so the code will not execute to update the outputs.

Also it could be possible that the outputs are driven more than once, and the "last man wins" rule will apply.

Can we see the code to give better answers ?

Can I post the whole code in here? I don't think the subroutine is getting disable because the same code is used to control a "Hi-Pressure" pump and the control logic works perfectly for pressure control. The problem is that the pump pressure doesn't get display on this other PLC HMI.

Well the subroutine is not conditional, and the outputs are not used more than once. But I noticed that the value of N7:1 saved with the program is 32... this is a problem since you're only using the first five bits of N7:1 to control the outputs. In its current form, your program is only able to transfer values up to 31.

Thank you Kolyur, that is exactly what is happening. That explains what I was seeing on the PLC code where N7:1/0 throught N7:1/4 where turn OFF for long periods of time. I need at least 6 bits to represent the entire range of operation of the pump which is from 0 - 40 KPSI.