PowerFlex 70

RBergmann

All ...

I’m currently trying to configure an AB PowerFlex 70 VFD. I've set what I believe are the correct paramters, but apparently not all I need. I only get a flashing green light.

I seem to be having difficulty setting up for two speed operation. I don’t have an external reference source like a 4-20mA or 0-10V potentiometer. I wish to use the two of the speed select inputs to select the operational Hz.

Here’s what I currently have set up:

• Run signal on Input 2
  • 1st preset speed select on Input 4
  • 2nd preset speed select on Input 5
  • Jumper terminals 7 & 8
  • Use internal 24VDC supply

I have two relays (enabled from a PLC); one for the Run signal and the second for speed control, NC on 4, NO on 5.

I think the wiring is okay, I believe my issue is with the parameter settings.

Thank for any assistance.

Hi

Start source is if you want to start from a card like Ethernet device net etc or from the terminals.
The flashing green light means you have not started the drive.
I would look again at the wiring and have you the stop wired as you will need this even if it's a link.

Donnchadh

I re-examined the wiring and no, there was no connection to the Stop terminal #1. I also discovered that the wiring guy had mis-landed a wire that should have been on #2 to #3. Corrected the mistakes and now, all is okay. Thanks guys.