micrologix 1400 password

shkoko2000

i want to know if i have micrologix 1400 and there is a password on cpu can i know it or remove it without delete the program....

AB considers the Micrologic family as DISPOSABLE plc's and their master password does not work on any of them. Your only recourse is their master reset password, and then reprogram the PLC.

The master reset password is: MLCLRMEM

A password cannot be deleted or removed from a program in a MicroLogix CPU without deleting the program.

If you have an offline copy of the user program, you can remove the password then load that program into the controller.

Please be aware that several of your recent posts have addressed device security issues that we do not discuss on this Forum. There are other Internet venues that are dedicated to industrial software and embedded device security, and you are welcome to work with your OEMs and equipment vendors.

Some notes about "ABCLRMEM":

1. SLC and MicroLogix passwords are numeric, so "ABCLRMEM" is encoded using the standard telephone keypad cipher. "ABCLRMEM" is "22257636".

2. Entering the "ABCLRMEM" code will erase the user program from RAM memory. The controller will be reset to factory defaults.