RSLogix Word/Bit Addressing Won't Show

Aabeck

I'm using AB's MicroLogix and it suddenly started showing all I/O using bit addressing, while the report options clearly shows word/bit addressing under the I/O heading.

I'm used to using word/bit addressing and am having difficulty trying to get used to the bit addressing.

Has anyone ever had this problem and been able to fix it?

Yes, and you can change it to display as you desire.

In RSLogix500, Click "File, Report Options, Program Files, Ladder View Options, Address Display". Now select the display options that you want. Then be sure to save these new settings by clicking "Apply, OK, then on the next screen, again "Apply, OK". That should do the job.

PS: Notice that the Report Options (what it prints) can be different than the Display Options (what it shows on the screen).

Last edited:
I've gone into the report options a few times, and the I/O addressing is checked as word/bit but it will not display as that - it always displays bit level. This is something that happened suddenly without making any changes - it USED to show word/bit properly.

Hi

It's been a while so I hope I get this right
Right click in the ladder logic widow and select properties I think
From her you will see address format or something like that and from here you can select how you view the address in de logix 500

Donnchadh

Aabeck said:
...report options clearly shows word/bit addressing under the I/O heading.

Lancie1 said:
...Click "File, Report Options...

...PS: Notice that the Report Options (what it prints) can be different than the Display Options (what it shows on the screen)...

Lancie, I think you mistook Aabeck as wanting to set this for printing purposes? I read it that way at first glance too.

Aabeck,

Note: Everything under "Report Options" is for printing layout only. As Lancie pointed out, it can be different from the actual display settings used via Donnchadh and TConnolly's advice.

G.

Thanks guys.

Somehow the properties got changed as shown above, and I was only checking the printout report options.