Bootp server question

azsolutionb

I am trying to install bootp server on the HMI running windows XP and I am only receiving DHCP requests, I am not seeing any of my 10 MAC's that I am looking for that are on the network with IP addresses configured. Any suggestions of why I am only showing DCHP's?

Thanks

I'm assuming you are working with Rockwell Automation devices? I'm also assuming you are using Rockwell's BOOTP server and it's already installed.

The devices has to be in a state where it is searching for the BOOTP server. You have to read the manual for each device because they are all different. Some device will require you to set up dip switch to be in certain state while other device that already got an IP address will not send out BOOTP request.

more info will help us.

When you say "Devices with IP addresses configured" does that mean the devices you are looking for already have IP's assigned? If they do, then they will not show up in the BOOTP server...BOOTP is only for devices which do not have an IP assigned and are configured to scan for a BOOTP server on startup to get one assigned to them.

Also, if you're using BOOTP to set IP addresses for Rockwell, make sure once you get them set to go into each device and change the device to static IP, otherwise if you ever restart them and the BOOTP server is not running at that time, they won't get an IP.