Moving 32Bit Floating by 2 integer numbers in RSlogix5

Hello:
I have a floating number, and I would like to use an existing msg block that have many spare integers to transfer this info from one PLC to another. But how do I break up the floating number into two 16 bit words and then put them back together in the end? (ie move F8:38 by breaking it into N11:400 and N11:401)
Does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks.
George

Use the copy instruction (COP). The copy performs a byte by byte copy without doing any conversion. Remember that the length field is relative to the destination data type. So when you are copying the float to the integers the length is two. When you copy the integers to the float the length is one.

Keith

Similar Topics

I'm a Siemens person, and this is one of my first AB programs. The customer wants everything programmed in Ladder. I have a lot of data (3...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a compact Logix plc and I have been task with configuring alarms into our SCADA when an Analog signal stops moving. The analog...
Replies
Views
Hello, i am a beginner with a Siemens Logo 8 PLC. I would determine the direction of an object if it passes a whole cycle of 2 input sensors. See...
Replies
Views
Can an AOP be removed from Logix? I seem to have some version weirdness from an E&H AOP and I need to see if reinstalling the AOP will correct it.
Replies
Views
I'm making a meal of this, my brain's not in gear. Also, I'm new to S7 TIA/WinCC so excuse my ignorance... See redacted pic. Pressing F7 (SAVE...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom