Communication between PVP700 and Micrologix 1400.

Mihir_007

Can you guys please help me with the procedure for communicating Panel View Plus 700 Terminal with Micrologix 1400 on Ethernet network.?

Thanks & Regards,
Mihir Solanki
+91-9173073667

The PanelView Plus terminal uses its onboard RSLinx Enterprise communication drivers to communicate with PLCs like the MicroLogix 1400.

To configure this communication, you need to set up the RSLinx Enterprise communication drivers and "shortcuts", then select and configure the MicroLogix data table elements for HMI Tag or Direct Reference connections to FactoryTalk View objects.

These principles and procedures are covered in the FactoryTalk View ME User Manual (VIEWME-UM004) starting in Chapters 5 and 6. This book is installed along with FactoryTalk View Studio and can be launched from the Help menu, or you can download it separately from the literature.rockwellautomation.com website.

Do you have a specific step in the process where you are getting stuck or encountering an error ?

The PanelView Plus terminal uses its onboard RSLinx Enterprise communication drivers to communicate with PLCs like the MicroLogix 1400.

To configure this communication, you need to set up the RSLinx Enterprise communication drivers and "shortcuts", then select and configure the MicroLogix data table elements for HMI Tag or Direct Reference connections to FactoryTalk View objects.

These principles and procedures are covered in the FactoryTalk View ME User Manual (VIEWME-UM004) starting in Chapters 5 and 6. This book is installed along with FactoryTalk View Studio and can be launched from the Help menu, or you can download it separately from the literature.rockwellautomation.com website.

Do you have a specific step in the process where you are getting stuck or encountering an error ?
I had.
FTV was not allowing me to create a "shortcut". IDK why,

But now following your instructions and reading manuals i guess i'll be able to communicate. and if i'll get stuck in the process, i'll get back to you.

:)