newbie needs help

clayd82

How do you reset the value you have into n7:88? Would a oneshot work? Thank you in advance and sorry for the easy question. I'm new and learning.

if the register N7:88 is used in your code just click on it and enter any valid value and it will overwrite whatever is currently in there. If you have code that is moving a value into that register it will get overwritten on the next scan though.

This would probably be an "easy question", if you provided a bit more detail as to what it is that you are attempting to accomplish.

It sounds as if you are working on a program for an Allen Bradley PLC-5 or SLC. Is that correct?

What do you mean by "reset"?

What value do you currently have in N7:88, and what value would you like for it to have? Why?

I'm adding cycle times into different categories, under 120s, >=120<130, etc., and then trying to find the average. I need to do this for the 3 shifts we have, so after each 8 hr shift, I need the n7 registers to go back to 0. I am programming in Logix500.

Set up a 1 hour timer. When the timer is done add a value of 1 into another register and then reset the timer. Do this until your other register = 8 and then have a line of code that says when this register = 8 move 0 into N7:88 and on the next branch move zero into the other register. That way a oneshot isn't needed.

WHen you are at the end of your shift(however you are tracking it in the PLC) use a oneshot instruction and a move instruction. For the source you would use 0 and the destination would be your N7:88 in your MOV instruction.