1796-it6 programming

jgrassel

Hello all,
I'm getting to know (reacquainted, really) with the Compact I/O line from AB. I've got at TC module (1796-it6) up and running with my L35E processor. I tried configuring it to give me engineering units from a Type K TC (pretty basic) but for some reason it reads 707 at room temperature. I chose Engineering Units X1, Degrees F, Type K. And when monitoring it online with something such as a move instruction, the number I see is 707 and it goes up to about 900 when I hold it for a few seconds. What am I doing wrong?!!
Thanks a lot!

It seems like my changes are being applied, I think. Meaning that if for example I change the engineering units from C to F, and apply the changes, I start seeing a different number flowing into the online monitoring of the ladder logic (still a weird number, but definitely something live and moving when I touch the TC).

I think the units for these modules are 1/10 of a degree.

So "707" is 70.7 degrees F, a comfortable room temperature.

Makes total sense...sort of...since there is a configuration options to display engineering units X10. !! I shoulda thought of that. Thanks a lot!

Makes total sense...sort of...since there is a configuration options to display engineering units X10. !! I shoulda thought of that. Thanks a lot!

I've always found that X1 vs. X10 configuration option confusing in AB TC modules. It seems backward to me. I would expect straight up Degrees with the X1 option and Degrees times 10 with the X10 option. Oh well...