BACNet Weekly_Schedule

arons

All,

I'm working with a BACNet device (KMC) and writing a driver. I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Weekly_Schedule property of Schedule Objects in BACNet. I had a few questions around these.

1. In a single Weekly_Schedule for a Schedule Object, is it common to mix BACNet data types in the time value pairs? For example <Time1><1.23>, <Time2><”Hello World”>?
2. If the answer to question #1 is “No”, is it common for the BACnet data type associated with a Schedule object to ever change?
3. Is it reasonable to require a read of a non-empty weekly schedule prior to performing the first write?

In full disclosure I work for Kepware, and we're adding support for Weekly Schedules. The BACNet spec allows a lot of things, but I'm questioning if they are used in practice. Thanks for your help!