PV+, Easy convert momentary PB's to maintained

ejessen

I've got this PV700+ project designed with a lot of momentary push buttons that needs to be maintained push buttons.

I'm looking for an easy way to convert each push button without deleting it and insert a new one (and thereby have to enter connection tags and state properties).

Any clever suggestions?

Unfortunately, I have yet to find a way to do this, but have tried. I would create all the maintained buttons you want and then right click on the screen and open the property panel. The property panel allows you to change any attribute you want on one or multiple buttons. So once you create your buttons then select them all and use the property panel to change all the attributes that all the buttons share. This is not the exactly what you are looking for, I know, but it should help.

If you export your screens you can open them as XML or Text files. But to Change would require Removing two properties from the Momentary Button and Adding an Additional Property For the Maintained Button.

The Momentary Button has
buttonAction="normallyOpen"
holdTime="250"
these two properties are not a maintained property

The Maintain Button has
nextStateBasedOn="currentState"

All other properties of buttons are the same.

So you could Search the 2 properties and replace with a Blank to remove and then Search touch="true" and replace with
touch="true" nextStateBasedOn="currentState" to insert.

Then reimport screens.

Just make a Backup Copy first of the original. Just in case.

PS: Also search and replace Momentary and replace with Maintained

Last edited: