Siemens Organize Controller

JDCROCKETT724

I just about have my siemens project wrapped up, and all my DB, FC, and FB numbers are all over the place. Is there a simple way to organize them? For instance if I have DB6 and I want to make it DB1 renaming it doesn't work, and then anywhere in the program DB6 was called it does not change to DB1. In the future I will organize better from the beginning of the project, but I am hoping there is a simple way to do this.

In step 7 you can use rewire. Right click the blocks folder to find it.

I have never used it, and hear it is not very good to use.

If you have a FB with a DB, and want to rename the DB. You can use CTRL F to find and replace.

The good ol' standby for any program layout:
Handle inputs

Do something

Write outputs
For example my FBs & FCs start @ 1000 and I step up by 100 when I transition to the next 'segment' of my machine

Instance dbs get a 'db' in front of them followed by the name of the FB that they belong to.

Edit: Also set your address priority to symbolic - this will allow you to change your DB #s, as long as the name stays the same when you re-generate (check block consistency) it will automatically relink.

Last edited:
Save the project to a new name.
Select Symbolic address priority.
Edit the Symbol list by changing the DB numbers but keeping the symbol names.
Run a block consistency check.
Done.