Siemens and CAN Layer 2 problem

fasacrifice

Hi All,

I'm new to here and CAN protocol. We have these power supplies uses CAN Layer 2. We'd like control them with S7-300 315-2 PN/DP. As you know Siemens doesn't support CAN protocol so we got one of these CAN/DP gateways, ANTAL PDP2CL2. I'm still struggling with the configuration of the gateway. The documentation is terrible and also I have no experience.

Can you guys suggest anything to read to help me?

Let's say I did the configuration for the gateway and ready to use. How am I gonna access to the power supplies from ladder logic? Do I need to use any specific function? or simply access to inputs/outputs defined on the gateway?

Thanks

Similar Topics

The past week we received a new piece of equipment from Germany which utilizes siemens controls. Typically in our company we use A.B. controls for...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a s7-1200 and I would like to read the tags present in this controller with my controllogix controller. The two controllers don't use...
Replies
Views
Hi need help why this “failure 5 emergency stop “ appears at every startup in the morning ? Have to shut off main switch at least 10 times on...
Replies
Views
i have two plc 1. s7-1212dc/dc/dc ip; 192.168.0.1 2. s7-1500 1513-1pn ip; 192.168.3.2 i need to get data from plc1 to plc2. any idea how to do...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone hope you'll well. Is it possible for me to download a Crack version of tia portal v13..sorry to say this but the software is very...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom