Config for I/O Adapter

mark thompson

We currently have a PLC 5/25 and we are replacing it with a PLC 5/40. WE also currently have 1771ASB Remote I/O Adapter that is configed with the 5/25.We are using the adapter as a scanner for outputs only.When we download the program and convert to the 5/40 all is good. Channel 1A we are using for DH+. Channel 1b is for remote I/O Scanner. When we do an auto config it promts us make sure I/0 status file exsisst. we tried edit channel properties for 1B GETTING CLOSER but still not working. Its 2 slot addressing.

not sure if this is what you're asking for ... but - the AutoConfigure feature won't work without a "scratchpad" to hold its data ... basically you just pick and enter an UNused number - and the RSLogix5 software will create the file for you ... then try the AutoConfigure feature again ...

io_scratch_pad.PNG