USB connection to Mitsubishi q series extremely slow

smichal

Hello,
I'm having problem with online connnection to plc Q02H. I'm using a USB cable and a virtual machine with winXP SP3. Connection is extremely slow, watch table refreshes about 30s, sometimes I'm losing connection suddenly. It is PLC and PC independent, we have two PCs with the same VM and connecting to two diffferent PLCs. The same issue is with GX configurator QP we use it for motion modules. What could be a problem? Recently I connected via ethernet using the same PC, no problems.
Thank you.
M

which USB Cable or is it a converter, What is the actual operating system,
Also which program are you using.

Welcome to the site mate for your first post

re

Iant,
It is ordinary USB cable, no converters. Host is the Win 7 prof, guest Win XP Prof SP3. Software GXWorks 2.
I installed a GXWorks2 on host systems. It communicates perfect. It seems like VM player or virtual machine is a problem.
Thank you
M.

That was to be my next comment and suggestion.
you do not need VMware with GXworks2

You need the software version for GX-Works2:
For Windows 7 (32bits edition): Ver. 1.40S or above
For Windows 7 (64bits edition): Ver. 1.62Q or above

Re

Thank you for replies.
The problem is not Win7. I'd like to have all programming environment located on VM. Except for Mitsubishi and USB connection it works fine. I'm using it for S7, CLX, and others.
Regards
M.