powerflex 70 ethernet problem

swtjhny

I have a powerflex 70 connected to a compactlogix L32E via a N-Tron 708tx switch. My problem is my L32E has stopped communicating with my drive.

A while back we had a short and it smoked my ethernet switch, I replaced the switch, but since then i lost comms to my drive. I thought since I got stray voltage thru the switch maybe it smoked the ethernet adapter, I have replaced the 20-COMM-E ethernet adapter, the patch cable, as well as the drive itself. Still nothing.My panelview plus 1250 communicates just fine (also on the ethernet). I get on to the controller and i can see it trying to connect to the drive, but then it says cannot connect. Any Ideas on what might have happened? I know my IP address is right, and all the parameters on the flex 70 are correct. I am at a loss.

First, verify IP connectivity to the PowerFlex from that switch.

Start with good old PING, then try TCPing [Link] on TCP Port 44818.

The embedded Web page isn't enabled by default, but you can try using a Web browser to see if something appears at the 20-COMM-E's IP address.

Next see if the PowerFlex appears in an RSLinx Classic browse. If the PowerFlex appears there, you can start troubleshooting the configuration and connection to the 1769-L32E controller itself.

See if you can capture the connection error code in RSLogix 5000. For example, Error 0x0204 is a complete timeout, while Error 0x0203 indicates a rejected connection for some other reason.