RSLogix500 slow

geoplc

Got a new (refurbd) Panasonic Toughbook with Windows 7 32bit on it. When I went online with SLC5/04 230K DH+ I noticed everything is so slow. The ladder spins as slow as Ive seen on RS232 processor, even toggling a bit takes 2-3 seconds before the screen updates. I am using a PCMK card at this time instead of the U2DHP. Is this normal? It is only the RSLogix that is slow, rest of computer functions normally.

It can't hurt to make the CIP Configuration edits described in that document, but it's unlikely to help.

That document is specific to MicroLogix 1100 and SLC-5/05 controllers using the CIP transport over EtherNet/IP.

The RSLinx Classic 1784-PCMK driver doesn't use CIP... it's a pure old-fashioned PCCC transport. It won't be affected by any sort of CIP driver adjustments.

It's possible that there is something physically wrong, so check the Port Statistics in the SLC-5/04's Channel 1 diagnostic file.

Or there might be something about the PCMCIA card or the RSLinx driver for Windows 7.

What version of RSLinx Classic are you running ?

Is your 1784-PCMK a Series A or a Series B ?

I guess we should have asked......was this faster on other computers?

It sounds more like a computer, RSLinx, or PCMK issue but.......

There really isn't a lot on the SLC side that would affect the update time you see on the screen. There are a couple items we can check.

When you go online with your controller open the Processor Status (S2) data file and select the Chan 1 tab. Identify what you see for the following settings:
  • Comms Servicing Sel
  • Msg Servicing Sel
  • Monitor DH+ Active Node Table

Then on the Scan Times tab, what are your Current and Maximum scan times. Identify if those are in 1ms or 10ms increments. Note that the Timebase Selection bit toggles between 1ms and 10ms resolution.

OG

Sorry about the delay, really busy. RSLinx is version 2.59 and I am using a PCMK B card. The last laptop was an XP SP3 and when I connected at 230K everything was lightning fast. It is only the Rockwell software that is slow, any other programs have no issue.

Shot in the dark, try unchecking the "Autobrowse" in RSLinx after it makes a connection with the SLC..