Siemens plc and pick and place station

plcsplit

hi everyone, I'm new with plc, and am trying to connect cpu 313c with pc via MPI usb cable. Plc is set to run a FESTO pick and place station.
I have established a MPI connection between PG/PC and SIMATIC 300 station. But when configuring hardware there are no modules that I need in the hardware library even after I have updated the library.o_O Actually I'm not sure if the network connection is correct so I really need help! So if anyone knows how exactly to configure the hardware and make pick and place station run I would be very gratefull :D

I have established a MPI connection between PG/PC and SIMATIC 300 station. But when configuring hardware there are no modules that I need in the hardware library even after I have updated the library.

Is this on a machine that is running or is it a new CPU? if its an older running machine you should be able to upload the configuration from the CPU using the MPI that you have connected, are you using Step7 5.5 ?

What do you mean by older running machine? CPU is 313c. Pick and place station can be started manually without the plc so there is no problem there, all the sensors are on and working...I am using SIMATIC S7 v.5.5. How can the configuration be uploaded exactly? I have tried by clicking upload but all it does is show cpu 313c in the configuration rack and no i/o modules...

the station is exactly like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_u26B0ecZ8

Last edited:
What modules do you have physically?

Is it FESTO or are you talking about Siemens Modules? If it is FESTO it will likely be profibus/profinet, you will have to install the appropriate GSD files.

If it is Siemens, what are the module order numbers?

It is Siemens the order number for the CPU 313C is 6ES7 313-5BF03-0AB0 v.2.6.9
Where can I find the order numbers for the modules? It says DI8XDC24V AI5/AO2X12Bit and on the other one DI16/DO16XDC24V just like in this picture
siemens-cpu313c-6es7-313-5be01-0ab0-simatic-s7-3427.html

Those are the integrated in and outputs for the 313C and are automatically added to the hardware when you add the CPU to your HW. Just double click AI5/AO2 shown in the left of the picture and you can change from Volt input/output to Current.

On the bottom you see your addresses.

Capture.png

oh I see so thats it for HW config rack? I dont have to add anything else?
What kind of connection is best? Is it ok to use MPI? I have been configuring hardware using something an exchange student wrote, (the file is too big to post here) so I'm not sure if its correct but its the only thing I have to go by..

the 313C you mention only will do MPI, so you should be ok. you can send me a PM for my email addy if you would like me to look over your code.

good luck!

Back up for Step 7 is a ZIP containing a folder.
Back up for TIA is a .zap12 (and .zap11 I imagine) containing a folder

I don't know what would use an .EXE..

Edit:
The .exe you mention is a self extracting archive. Run it. In the folder that is extracted you will find 4 zipped folder which you can RETRIEVE with Simatic Manager.

Last edited: