decimals and percentages?

clayd82

I'm working with Logix 500 and trying to do a percentage. I have my 2 values, coming from n7:89 and n7:100, and used the divide command. This would perform the values 394/1567 which would equal .25, but it only shows 0. I believe this is happening because it is less than 0 and therefore just displays that, but I'm not sure. Any ideas how I can do this?? THANK YOU!!

If you are using N:xx files, these are integers, so will round up or down accordingly. (Be careful you may not get the rounding you expect)

If you use a F:xx as your destination, which is a float, you should get the result you desire.

Cheers

Mark

Your destination needs to be a floating point data type (ie. F8:1). An integer data type (ie. N7:1) truncates any fraction of the result into a whole number. Also, .25 is not less than zero, it is less than one.

Internet must be faster in UK. Night beat me.

That's what I meant. Sorry. Guess I'm a little frazzled trying to work as I learn. Thank you both for all the help! I'll change those to Floats instead of Integers. I appreciate the help and your time!