Editting Software for AB and/or Modicon PLCs

AEWynn

Hi folks. I am working on brushing up my skills and am looking for PLC editting software for Allen-Bradley and Modicon. Preferrably something that is free. Does anyone know where I can find these editting programs?

Thanks in advance!

I know a lot more about A-B than Modicon, but with A-B you have a few options.

There is a free version of RSLogix 500 that will only program Micrologix 1000 and 1100 controllers.

There is also Connected Components Workbench, which will program the new Micro800 series controllers, as well as Powerflex Drives and the Kinetix3 servo. This is also free. Good luck!

Still having a problem with ProWorx. I'm running Vista and am having a problem loading ProWorx 2.1 on the machine. I get the following error.....

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windos you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

Not sure where to find the 64-bit version. Anyone have a suggestion?

Still having a problem with ProWorx. I'm running Vista and am having a problem loading ProWorx 2.1 on the machine. I get the following error.....

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windos you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

Not sure where to find the 64-bit version. Anyone have a suggestion?

I would suppect Vista is your problem.