Load limit switches

Charbel

Dear,

Client is asking load limit switches on the conveyors, they told me that they should be something similar to material limit switches. Has anybody used such limit switches located on top of the conveyor? If yes, i appreciate if i can get any datasheet for them.

thank you!

Charbel

Load Limit switch

Dear,

thank you for your answers, I asked for clarification: actually this load limit switch is positioned on a bar on top of conveyor which is used to shape the pile of the materials, and if any material hit the level switch, it will give an alarm indicating a high pile of material.

I appreciate if i can get any datasheet or catalog on this type of limit switch.

thank you!

charbel

Hi Charbel, this can just be a form of limit switch that gets hit by a plate set at the desired height above the conveyor load, and has to be reset when tripped, to restart the conveyor, unlike what people first thought from your post re a load limit, taken as a weight limit of the load on the conveyor.

Dear,

Client is asking load limit switches on the conveyors, they told me that they should be something similar to material limit switches. Has anybody used such limit switches located on top of the conveyor? If yes, i appreciate if i can get any datasheet for them.

thank you!

Charbel

Material presence/overload detectors are fairly common. I've done this with mechanical paddles suspended above a conveyor that trip an ordinary limit switch and I've also used small ultrasonic devices with good results.

http://www.pepperl-fuchs.us/usa/en/classid_182.htm

Hi Charbel, this can just be a form of limit switch that gets hit by a plate set at the desired height above the conveyor load, and has to be reset when tripped, to restart the conveyor, unlike what people first thought from your post re a load limit, taken as a weight limit of the load on the conveyor.

Dear Duckman,

thank you for your reply, this is what i was looking for. Actually now that i got clarification from the client on what he needs. Do you have catalog or datasheet on this type of limit switch by any chance?

This isn't a specific type of limit switch. It is a general purpose device with mechanical mounting or specific location that will allow it to sense if the load on the conveyor is physically above a given height.
Said another way, your customer isn't asking for a specific device. Your customer is asking for a function. It is up to you to design a system that satisfies that function.

Keith

This is very much application dependant.
You can have a limit switch designed to trigger when the conveyor belt physically drops lower than a specified point

What is it that the client needs