Eaton mdf-80-b + cp8-nt + mfd-ta17

nighty

Hi

Im relatively new to any plc programming and now i took a challenge to program one to my friends company. im ok with basics, atleast i think i am but one thing has been bugging me for a week or so now.
What im trying to achieve is that when i turn the process on by push button timer turns on and the inverter and keeps running motor for set ammount of time on 100% when time is up it starts another timer and runs motor for 90 minutes but only with 75%. thing i can´t figure out is how i can set analog output automaticly to smaller value when 1st timer runs out? well i have no idea how to set analog output to a value at all without doing it manually from the screen.

any help would be great.

thanks
jarno

You need the DB command, it lets you set a variable to value, or to another variable. You have to be careful when using the DB, you need to trigger the input each time you want the variable to transfer.

You need the DB command, it lets you set a variable to value, or to another variable. You have to be careful when using the DB, you need to trigger the input each time you want the variable to transfer.

Could you go more into detail? i dont quite understand how data block on its own can set output value to something.
like said im new to this stuff.

Below moves 500 in to an analog output. To see the input and output selections for the DB, go to the bottom of the screen where it says Circuit Diagram Elements and select the Parameters tab. Place the DB element at the far right of the screen so that it becomes a coil, trigger the coil with a timer.

The Easysoft program can be a bit confusing to begin with until you find which bit of the screen to look at.

DB01.jpg

Thanks alot from all the help. this process is now running but i have a little bug in program.
it sounds stupid but i could use help with timers.

i get timers started and analog output set just fine but when process is started and operator pushes stop button timers dont reset and will keep running untill time is up. what is best way to reset timer and its relay?
what i 1st though i would do following
(M#)--------------(R)timer# but that doesnt work, well it kills timer output but doesnt turn of the contact until time is up.

i hope i made my self clear here. any help would be great.

I am guessing that you are using Single Pulse timers. There are two different ways to Reset the timer. Saying it in words would be complicated so have a look at the pictures attached. I02 Resets the timer back to start value so that the timer runs down again. I03 Resets the Timer to Zero and so stops the timer.

Ladder Diag.jpg Reset not work.jpg Reset does work.jpg

Feeling extremely stupid now. how i could not notice that coil function button. meaning that EN--RE--ST option.

thank you very much again. i really have to spend way more time with this easysoft to find out all the tricks.