Thanks in advance.

please answer the following for us to help

brand / model of plc?
brand of scanner?
type of interface?
distanct from plc to scanner(s)?
type of barcode would be nice?

are you using 1 or more than 1 scanner?
a little more on your process would also be helpful.

regards,
james

10247500_627958727287764_3766471542182300281_n.jpg

How can I do it on ladder logic ?

Thanks in advance.

The level of detail you have given, and the way it is worded, indicates this is a homework assignment.

No-one is going to do this for you. Show us what you have done so far, and people will be willing to pass comment, suggest improvements, and so on.

The level of detail you have given, and the way it is worded, indicates this is a homework assignment.

No-one is going to do this for you. Show us what you have done so far, and people will be willing to pass comment, suggest improvements, and so on.

Hello daba,

this is an assignment that my instructor gave it to me and I must use LogixPro for simulation, the thing that i'm totally new with PLC and LogixPro and i don't know where is the start point.

i'm not asking you guys to solve this for me , only help me as a start point.

please answer the following for us to help

brand / model of plc?
brand of scanner?
type of interface?
distanct from plc to scanner(s)?
type of barcode would be nice?

are you using 1 or more than 1 scanner?
a little more on your process would also be helpful.

regards,
james

thanks for your response dear James Mcquade

i'm gonna do it as a simulation by using LogixPro , would help me which type of these device is suitable with my project ?

thanks

Yes
But this is your assignment.
Bar coding gives a value into a register
You compare that value.
Eg.
1 = product 1
2. = product 2

The rest is up to you

Hello daba,

this is an assignment that my instructor gave it to me and I must use LogixPro for simulation, the thing that i'm totally new with PLC and LogixPro and i don't know where is the start point.

i'm not asking you guys to solve this for me , only help me as a start point.

The start point is a standard 3-wire start-stop rung to enable the system to start.
The next thing is to put each single output of what you want to turn on and off on individual rungs.
The next thing you will need is to set up rungs using a compare instruction and using the barcode to determine which of four divert lanes to send the product to. This is used to trigger the output for the proper lane.

This is only a start and it is a really complex project for a beginner. It took me almost 3 months to fully develop a working system using nine lanes and a single file conveyor system. I truly don't understand why you would be given an assignment of this depth.

Here is a link to the manual that has the instruction set.
http://www.cfht.hawaii.edu/LocalAccess/dome_control/SLC500_Instruction_Set.pdf

Expanding a bit further into this project,you need to determine if you are only going to process one item at a time from the bar-code reader entry point to final destination pool. That would require logic to operate a mechanical stop for metering in one item at a time. If you are processing more than one item before the 1st one reaches the destination pool you will need some means of storing the position or distance to the destination pool. This could be accomplished with the BSL instruction and encoder or pulse proximity and counter instruction.

As I said in my last post there is a whole lot more to this project and I have only touched on the tip of it.

Edit:
I am still trying to figure out how to simulate the bar code reader output since LogixPro doesn't have that built-in.

Last edited: