Logix 5000

I am using Kinetix 6000 drive system with control logix 5000 and rs view 32, now I want to tag dc bus voltage on scada screen.
Can any one help me out regarding how to use GSV command to get a dc bus voltage tag in controller.
or beside GSV/SSV any other possibility is there to see dc bus voltage on scada screen.

Last edited:
When dealing with VSD(variable speed drives) or Servo drives, you have to be fond with the term, implicit and explicit messaging when it comes to allen Bradley. When using Implicit messaging your are setting up a process image table for the IO so that you can read the parameters for your servo drive. Depending on what parameters you need a different configuration may need to be setup to get the parameters that you want. The other way is explicit messaging where you setup a MSG instruction and explicitly specify the parameter you want by configuring your message instruction, such as your attributes etc.... So to answer your question, get the manual for the kinetix 6000 and depending on which method you pick you will get your answer.

See the attached screen shots. You need the GSV instruction but you also need to setup DC Bus Voltage in Axis Properties for real time updates.

DCBusVoltage.jpg

@rbouws thats great something i didn't know, that will certainly make ones life easier. Well you know how the saying goes in the automation world you are always learning.

@rbouws as per your reply i had checked my system and found that both the attributes i.e. Attribute 1 and Attribute 2 is already used for torque and velocity feedback respectively.

So is there any other possibility to tag dc bus voltage.

Axis.JPG

You can try just the GSV without the Real Time Axis Info...I'm not sure if it will update though. I don't know of any other ways beyond this. You'd have to talk to tech support and see what they say.

If you are using a GSV I don't think you need to have the item included in the attribute definition. Just make sure you use the physical drive name in the instance field, not the axis it is associated with.

Keith