Siemens S7 - Wincc to HMI Connection Error

macs_plc

Hi All...

I working with Siemens S7 PLC CPU315-2 DP & HMI OP 170B 6" Mono....
I can able to establish connection with PLC and i am able to see live data & also i can update the program....

but i cant able establish communication with the HMI...I guess i am missing something, I want to take the backup from HMI to WINCC and need to edit some screen, but whenever i click Device status (Project->transfer->options), the system pops up a message "check setting, connections etc"...

Please guide me to solve this issue...
Wincc version is 2008SP3

Regards
Macs

Is the HMI on profibus or Ethernet?

You are unlikely to be able to 'suck out' the HMI and be able to edit it because it is compiled before it is transferred.

You need to contact the person who supplied the HMI or check your company records for a backup or handover copy

You can use prosave to make a non-editable copy for backup purposes