How do I set the time/date in TwinCat?

riahc3

I seem to have problems getting the time in TwinCat so I want to make sure the correct time is set.

Where can I set the time/date in TwinCat?

With a CX series controller, I have used 'NT_GetTime' to check the current time and used 'NT_SetLocalTime' to set the clock

This is for a CX9020 running CE on ARM.

In Windows it is set correctly but when I run a program in TwinCAT PLC Control, it comes out incorrect....

Last edited:
Tried this code:

Code:
(*Variables*)
GetRealTime:NT_GetTime;

GetRealTime();
GetRealTime.TIMESTR.wYear;
GetRealTime.TIMESTR.wMonth
GetRealTime.TIMESTR.wDay;
GetRealTime.TIMESTR.wHour;
GetRealTime.TIMESTR.wMinute;
GetRealTime.TIMESTR.wSecond;
GetRealTime.TIMESTR.wMilliseconds;

It gets me the time as soon as I run the program BUT doesn't update the time each cycle thru. New to this time of programming (sorry) so if someone could lend me a hand....

You will have to re-trigger the NT_GetTime function block by setting the START input high. In one of my applications, I have a pulse that is high for one scan every minute. This pulse is tied to the START input of the function block.