make micrologix 1000 a slave to controllogix

Jonathondduke

Is there any way to make micrologix 1000 a slave to controllogix? I'm usin
1747424.gif
g Softlogix and trying to get real world I/Os from Micrologix 1000 or 1500. This leads me to believe their mite be a way. This is almost the set up I have but with Softlogix controller.

Last edited:
Why would you need the MicroLogix plc's to be slaves? In the configuration you have shown it should be quite easy to get the I-O status by exchanging data between all of the plc's using Message instructions.

You have to configure a message read instruction in you're Softlogix which is pointed to the datatable in the Micrologix which you like to read.
Probably you should map the data table from the MicroLogix to the SoftLogix.
You can do this under "Logix" > "Map PLC/SLC Message.." in Logix 5000.

Jack

Last edited:
Both suggestions so far are mostly correct.

The 1761-NET-ENI cannot be an I/O adapter for a ControlLogix system, in which you would place it in the I/O tree and automatically poll data from it as though it was an EtherNet/IP slave device.

Instead, you will send MSG instructions from the ControlLogix to the 1761-NET-ENI, which will translate them to DF1 Full Duplex protocol and forward them to the MicroLogix.

There is no need to use the PLC/SLC Mapping feature in RSLogix 5000 unless you choose the more difficult method of initiating the MSG instructions from the MicroLogix side.

There are numerous examples of sending MSG instructions over Ethernet from a ControlLogix to a MicroLogix controller in the RA Knowledgebase and in various User Manuals.