Micro820 with a Redlion G304K

jgt8122

I have a AB Micro820 and a Red Lion G304K on a project. Both are connected with Ethernet. Under my Network I set the driver to Allen-Bradley Native Tag Addressing and then created all my tags that match with the tags in my Global Variables. The problem is that the PLC and the HMI will not read/write the tags. Can anyone help me out with this.

Capture1.jpg Capture.jpg

The driver in Crimson is not designed for the new Micro 8x0 series if I understand. I am not familiar with those PLCs, but have used the native tag addressing in Crimson only with a Compactlogix controller, very different from the Micro820.

You may need a different common protocol like Modbus in order to get them talking.

The Micro800 series are not Micrologix. They were not engineered by Rockwell but by another company that Rockwell acquired and slapped the A-B logo on. If the Crimson doesn't have a driver specific to the Micro800 series, then you're out of luck I'm afraid.

The Micro800 series are not Micrologix. They were not engineered by Rockwell but by another company that Rockwell acquired and slapped the A-B logo on. If the Crimson doesn't have a driver specific to the Micro800 series, then you're out of luck I'm afraid.

It depends what firmware version of CCW the processor has. If it is V4 then it will handle the rslogix CIP tags
Not certain about the red lion setup

As far as Modbus. That is fairly straight forward

Am interested in the result of this.. have used a few of the new Micro820's and would also like to know if they can communicate with the Red Lion screens.

Not certain about the 810

I have used the 830

It is a pain to update the firmware from V1 though
You need to copy and paste the program and variables.
NO automatic ability

Not certain about the 810

I have used the 830

It is a pain to update the firmware from V1 though
You need to copy and paste the program and variables.
NO automatic ability

Mybad, was a 830.. V6 of CCW takes alot of the pain away, there is an option to increase FW revision, upwards at least...

The 820 has the latest firmware update and I am running the latest version of CCW. I tried everything I know to do to read and write the tags from the HMI but I think I agree with one of the other post. The Crimson doesn't have the correct driver to communicate with the 820. Due to the simplicity of the project I didn't want to spend a lot of time trying to make something work. So as my backup plan I resorted to the ole Modbus TCP/IP communication and within 30 minutes I was up and running. I think until Red Lion comes out with a new revision then I will just have to do Modbus for this configuration. Thanks for all the help guys.

Just thought I'd jump this thread and let people know Crimson 3.0 Rev 630.000 added drivers for AB Micro PLC's. Haven't used it yet but looks like there is an import from CSV function.