Allen Bradley Licence issue

I had installed Factory talk in a PC and had it licensed and had the key and .lic file. Due to some unavoidable reasons, the .lic file was deleted. When I tried to re-install the program, the licence key was not validated. I connected to the rockwell licence server but responded with an error stating that all the licence has been installed. Please tell me how can I get back my licence?

The .lic file is not restored by reinstalling the software. What you'll have to do is in FactoryTalk Activation Manager, Rehost your activation. This will clear it in Rockwell's Servers and allow you to download the license again, recreating the .lic file. Rockwell allows a small number of no-questions-asked rehosts every year, so you won't have to call them until you do it five or six times I think.

If I get the .lic file, will just copy paste help or will have to do anything more?

What is the correct procedure for any reinstallation of any rockwell sofwares, as I have faced many problems related to licences?

If I get the .lic file, will just copy paste help or will have to do anything more?

What is the correct procedure for any reinstallation of any rockwell sofwares, as I have faced many problems related to licences?
As it been pointed out, the proper way is to:

On old machine - Do a Rehost (release the license to the cloud)
On new machine - Get new Activation (get the license to your machine from the cloud).

Cut and paste *.lic file to new machine will not work because the license would be pointing to objects (MAC address or drive ID) that no longer exists.

Depends on what you mean by previously installed since you obviously wouldn't have a need to installed it if it's already on it. So, the question is why do you have to re-installed it?

How did the license got moved off it in the first place? If you moved it off by rehosting then you need to use the "Get New License" to move it (host it) back on it.

If you no longer have the .lic file, you will need to call Technical Support, or your Rockwell vendor, and ask to have the activation reset. I'm not sure if you need a TechConnect Agreement for this. Just explain what happened. Don't forget to copy/back up the new one after it's transferred back to the old PC through the activation manager. Hope this helps.

Then it would appear you've completely lost your license and you will have to call tech support and explain the situation to them. As long as you have all the details they ask for they'll happily rehost you a license onto the server.
You will then go and get the 'new' license and install it on your machine.

I did this recently for a colleague, and it only took a few minutes for tech support to rehost the license.

Then it would appear you've completely lost your license and you will have to call tech support and explain the situation to them. As long as you have all the details they ask for they'll happily rehost you a license onto the server.
You will then go and get the 'new' license and install it on your machine.

I did this recently for a colleague, and it only took a few minutes for tech support to rehost the license.

He can also do it right through FT Activation Manager. There's an option to "Rehost license." No need to call unless it's the 5th or 6th time in a year you're doing it.

He can also do it right through FT Activation Manager. There's an option to "Rehost license." No need to call unless it's the 5th or 6th time in a year you're doing it.

He doesn't have access to the license to rehost it though (he formatted his hard drive), so he'll need tech support to do that for him before he can get a new activation.

As other have said, if you have access to the license then rehosting is easily done. But you must do this before formatting or replacing your hard drive.

1. Run Factory Talk Activation Manager
2. Select Manage Activation Tab
3. Select Rehost Activation - follow the direction

On new machine
same as 2 steps as above
3. select Get New Activation - follow the direction