S7 Multi-Master Comms - Different Step Versions

adfox

Hi.

I've got:

CPU 317-2 DP / 6ES7 317-2AK14-0AB0
CP 342-5 / 6GK7 342-5DA03-0XE0
CP 343-1 / 6GK7 343-1EX30-0XE0

Basically S7 gathers a lot of simocode data from built-in 2xDP + DP CP.

Now, there are 8 other S7-PLCs equipped with CP 343-1 / 6GK7 343-1EX30-0XE0 that will need some portions of the data passed to them.

According to manual I'm able to estabilish 8 TCP bidirectional connections.

The problem is - client's wish was to create the project in TIA V12.

But the fun is that the other 8 PLCs have been integrated in Step 7 5.5 project.

If I'd have those 8 PLC + my 317 in one TIA V12 or Step 7 multiproject, i'd
easily configure the connections between PLCs.

Is it possible to communicate without integration and of course converting
to TIA the other 8 PLCs ?

You can create "unspecified connections". Then you don't need to have all partners in the same project.

For Profibus, you must account for the existence of other "unknown" partners in some other way when the bus parameters has to be calculated.
One way is to chose that a certain number of additional master stations should be included when calculating the bus parameters.

Damn, already tried with Unspecific PLC in TIA but it forces me to create Slave, can't find this thing :)

You should not add an Unspecified PLC.
You setup of a "connection" for the PLC you are creating a program for in TIA.
When you setup a connection, there is a "local" side and a "partner" side.
The local side is the PLC you are creating the program for in TIA.
The partner side should be "unspecified". You then have to manually define the connection details such as IP, Rack and Slot (not sure if TIA needs to know Rack and Slot, if it does just specify Rack=0, Slot=2).

Dear Jesper, I know what am I looking for, I did it many times using classic Step7...

I am sitting 2nd day looking for this in TIA and I cannot find it.

Whole TIA has a lot of popping up menus and hidden checkboxes that blow my head off.

Damn, I should have never agreed with customer ;)

Thank You for suggestions.