AGV data log

Rproduct

im looking for a cheap way to log information using a PLC's on mobile agv's. I would like to know the arrival time(to the second) the agv's move over each location along its route for every one of the maximum 52 locations and also the time a start button is operated for eight of the locations. (at eight stations the operators have to start the agv's) And of course which agv it was.
With the above information I hope to highlight bottle necks and record the characteristics of each of the 15 agvs.
The information does not need to realtime it can be collected every time it drives past the home location or at the end of every day.
There is a omron CQM plc on each of the agv's with the first 1000 data memories taken up for the routes on the magnetic track.
i know that an allen bradley would have an internal clock but i'm not sure if this omron does.
i have been looking at systems used in other agv's on the internet but the trend is to have real time radio communication and control over all remote units which is a bit over kill at the moment. not to mention too expensive.

looking forward to a reply

Cheers Chris

Last edited: