Egress safety to X-Ray

rocksalt

I hope this is the right section to post this.

Does anyone have any documentation on what is acceptable means of egress to active X-Ray bay?

I have this scenario where I have been asked to disable the safety curtain for egress to an X-Ray bay. They insist a chain loop over the doorway, a flashing light and a camera system is enough for a 'temporary' solution. The X-ray is 360° 360kV

I have some issues with this request. The X-Ray technician is watching a screen that has the X-Ray picture on them and cannot always look at the video. The video does not cover the entire stall or bay.

If I can find a reference to a legal document that clears this up I can feel better about what direction I need to head.

Similar Topics

Dear members, We were "dinged" during a recent safety inspection for not having an operational door knob on a door that services an electrical...
Replies
Views
I have a thermostat that I am trying to scale. It measure 32-212 degrees fahrenheit, and send out a 4-20ma signal accordingly. What I did to scale...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using AB 5069-L306ERS2 CPU. My system should achieve SIL-2. I have safety door switches connected to AB 5069-IB8S module, and I want to...
Replies
Views
I'm struggling to get an FR-E800SCE to work on CC-Link IE TSN. I'm sure the issue is with the drive, when I plug in the network cable I get no...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a yaskawa gp7 robot arm which I am going to use for machine tending with a cnc mill. Is it a good idea to buy a SICK laser scanner for...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom