Crimson-Moving REAL to Modbus Holding Reg.

dginbuffalo

Hello all- I have a project using a RL Datastation Plus where I may need to move some Allen Bradley REAL tags over to the customers Modbus TCP system. A sample sheet the customer supplied looks like they are moving a TAG.REAL into holding registers 40001/40002. Is this the recommended way to do this, and will I have any trouble with how the REAL is distributed across 2 16 bit Modbus registers using a Crimson gateway block? Thanks in advance!

use a word shift right and Left mask
I dont have AB in front of me but you need the break up the Real Data into two 16 bit words.
I would suggest you allow for Overflow

Hello all- I have a project using a RL Datastation Plus where I may need to move some Allen Bradley REAL tags over to the customers Modbus TCP system. A sample sheet the customer supplied looks like they are moving a TAG.REAL into holding registers 40001/40002. Is this the recommended way to do this, and will I have any trouble with how the REAL is distributed across 2 16 bit Modbus registers using a Crimson gateway block? Thanks in advance!

Just create a Real Gateway Block and connect the Real Tags to the Real Gateway Blocks.

For instance, Create a Block and make the Block size the number of Tags you want to add. If you start at 400001 and make the size 4, it will cover 400001 to 400008. You will see 4 places to connect the REAL tags you want to add to the Gateway Block.