Citect 7.2 How to Evaluate memory tags

Hi there,

I have never used Citect before and have a few bugs to fix.

I have 2 questions:

1. How can i view the tag database as a whole instead of scrolling though one tag at a time.

2. This project has a lot of scripting for internal tags. How can I evaluate memory tagsin Citect?

Last edited:
Hi,

1.- you can see them under C:"whatever route you choose to user projects"\user\NameofTheProject\ in there you'll find .dbf files for variables(variable tags) locvar(local tags) and trends(trnd) as well as pretty much everything else related to your citect project, for editing I recommend to use Excel with the dbf excel adding included in citect when you install. If you edit this, specially variable.dbf, you'll probably get a message of OID out of order or something similar, just set OID = 1 on citect.ini.
2.- Have you tried debugging? normally that's what I use for monitoring what values I'm getting.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Hi there,

Thanks for your help. I see there is a debugger as part of the cicode. Great I can use that when online.

I mentioned this is a strange project. There is 7 projects I needed to restore to compile the application. Each one seems to be dependent on each other. One for master, which contains genies etc, one for comms, one for each machine. Is this the way a Citect project is usually built up?

Also I have a problem during runtime where the page up and page down buttons are causing switching between displays. Is there a way I can disable these buttons or remove the commands behind them during runtime?

Hello,

Yeah That's a strange project, but I guess it depends on the size of the plant and wether or not you have many developers.
Usually I would say you only make one project, but maybe if you have different fubctionalities maybe some kind of "if you pay this, you get this capabilities only". Maybe That's your case. But I'm no expert.
Of course you can have genies in every project if you want to by the way.
One recomendation, you might want to enable upgrade to force an update of all projects, sometimes more errors appear if the version you r working is the which it was developed.
I think you are refering to the Citect templates? There's no way to edit them that I'm aware of, but maybe you can do a little digging into this.
Hope this helps,

Regards

You can edit the templates but I would advise against that - if you get an update all your revisions will be over written by the update.

Hi MorphuisOGrady

I have used Citect for quite a long time.

A very good method to view and edit Variable tags/Alarm tags/trend tags...etc...is to use the DBF Add-In in Excel.
All u need to do is select a Master DBF...then select a project...n then the select variable tags/alarm tags/trend tags..etc.
You can apply various filters to evaluate the Memory Tags u created or imported.

I hope this helps

Also there is no need to Setup Communication...genies/super-genies...symbols n all in different project.
You setup the entire Project Environment in one Project itself.You citect Explorer will have one and only one Project which will comprise the entire Plant
As far as buttons are concerned...develop your own template with only buttons u actually require instead of using Schneider's Default templates...

Example of One template I created in one of my project is attached...

5.Pump.jpg

So I have been handed down a pile of rubbish it would appear.

The one thing that strikes me is how much coding is done in this project just to show status of objects. There are tonnes of events calling functions. Its a nightmare.

Can anyone please advise on how to disable the Page Up and Page Down buttons during runtime? Its allowing of changing of process screens which is not desirable.

Hi MorphuisOGrady

I am not able to understand ur problm..kinldy provide a screen shot or something...
PageUp/Down buttons have nothing to do with Screen changes !
From where you got these buttons ?? from default Templates ?

And no scripting is required to change an object's Status.
Its simply done by assigning a TAG with a specific color/TEXT/Numeric..etc.

Hi MorphuisOGrady

I am not able to understand ur problm..kinldy provide a screen shot or something...
PageUp/Down buttons have nothing to do with Screen changes !
From where you got these buttons ?? from default Templates ?

And no scripting is required to change an object's Status.
Its simply done by assigning a TAG with a specific color/TEXT/Numeric..etc.

I agree with you. I'm simply sayin this project uses cicode for everything.