Logix5000 L32E to Cardinal Scale Interface

JiNCs

Hey guys. Got an L32 trying to talk to a Cardinal 205 Indicator using the Cardinal 2XX-IP interface option (as opposed to a Cardinal 2XX-EIP option). Used Lantronics software to set scale IP and can ping but Linx does not see device. I noticed when adding a new ethernet module in 5000, ethernet modules exist for Mettler-Toledo scales.

Anyone got interface experience with the Cardinal 205 scales and the 2XX-IP option? Is there a special 5000 ethernet module, do I need a special EDS file?

I am getting nowhere quick!
JiNCs

Based on a quick browse of the manual, I think you're going to have approx 0 luck w/ this option card and a Controllogix.
I think you'd need something like the mvi56-gec from Prosoft to make that work.
Likely better off getting the Ethernet I/P option...

Thanks Dravik for the response and a quick one at that! I believe we used the EIP option card before and as I remember and it was 'by the book' to set up.

Thanks again!
JiNCs